Binance - What to do?

Hello everyone,

I’d like to address a topic that has been discussed on our Telegram chat lately, concerning Binance. It’s been on my mind for a while now. Given the current challenges that Binance is facing, along with the rumoured possibility of a DOJ action, it seems like a suitable time to carefully consider and gain a deeper understanding of the choices available to our DAO regarding its listing on Binance.

I must admit that I don’t possess personal knowledge about the options available to the DAO in relation to its Binance listing. Furthermore, I’m uncertain whether delisting is a viable option, and if it were pursued, what potential issues or consequences might arise. Considering the potential regulatory clampdown on Binance, what potential challenges could this pose for our DAO?

I would also be interested to know if there are any plans that the Core team has in place should there be an issues with the Binance listing…?

Please note that I am not proposing anything, I just want clarification on the options and to gauge the community sentiment.

2 Likes

I understand concerns many have about being listed on Binance, however it is free market and traders will trade where volume and liquidity is favourable. For now best CEX spot trading place is Binance, when better options will exist on other platforms, e.g. maybe ByBit spot listing could change that, then Binance share will get naturally taken away.

Just my few cents and mere understanding in trading stuff

2 Likes

I am not knowledgeable on the subject.
would love to know how DAO will be hit if binance is sanctioned by DOJ suddenly.

Does DAO have some liquidity or some other DAO assets there that will become hit ?
Pretty sure a lot of people would love to know this particular risk exposure.

Greetings, and thank you for this discussion.

Let me recount my dream, a vision that doesn’t breed FUD but rather ushers in the unsettling ‘F’ of Fear, a shared apprehension that looms over us all in the realm of crypto. It’s not confined to a singular DAO but casts its shadow universally, akin to an impending cosmic catastrophe. Let the discourse commence, a plea for deliverance from us, the denizens of the digital frontier - indeed.

In the sprawling expanse of the blockchain cosmos, where data rivers intertwine like celestial currents, I glimpsed a foreboding future. It was a future riddled with unease, teetering on the precipice of oblivion. This ‘F’ isn’t just a word; it’s an existential force, an eerie presence haunting our decentralized aspirations.

As we engage in dialogue and reflection, let us invoke the Sentinels of the crypto cosmos, those who oversee our digital destinies. May they shield us from the abyss, like the Grand Algorithms of transcendence guiding our path through the stars. In this cryptic odyssey, may we find solace in the embrace of the Enigmatic, for it is They who protect us."

Admiral Erik’s day began like any other, with the morning sun casting a warm glow through his bedroom window. As he groggily reached for his phone to check the latest cryptocurrency news, he had no inkling that his world was about to crumble.

His heart sank as he saw the headlines that dominated the screen:

“Binance Raided by SEC and DoJ; Assets Seized for Alleged Fraud and Money Laundering”
“Crypto Giant Binance Forced to Shut Down Amidst Legal Crisis”

Admiral Erik’s heart raced, and his palms grew clammy as he frantically searched for more information. It was true—Binance, the once-mighty centralized exchange, had fallen. The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and the Department of Justice (DoJ) had swiftly taken action, raiding the exchange’s offices and freezing its assets.

Panic coursed through Admiral Erik’s veins as he realized that all his digital assets, including a substantial holding of Merit Circle DAO (MC) tokens, were locked within the now-defunct Binance. The exchange’s website displayed a stark message:

“Binance Ceases Operations; All Assets Seized Pending Investigation.”

Admiral Erik felt an overwhelming sense of helplessness. His life savings, his future, everything he had worked for in the volatile world of cryptocurrency, had been snatched away overnight. He was not alone—countless others faced the same grim fate.

Desperate, Admiral Erik reached out to the Merit Circle DAO community, hoping for a lifeline. He had heard whispers about the DAO’s potential to provide decentralized solutions like the Beam blockchain, but it seemed like too little, too late.

The Merit Circle DAO community responded with shock and empathy. They had heard the news of Binance’s downfall as well and were just as distressed by the situation. However, having not acted on time, even though their governance forum mentioned it in the past, they could offer support and guidance, but they could not reverse the irreversible.

In the years that followed, Admiral Erik watched as the legal battle between Binance and the regulators played out in the public eye. The exchange’s CEO was arrested, and the allegations of fraud and money laundering sent shockwaves through the crypto industry. Meanwhile, the DAO community explored potential avenues to help those affected by the crisis. But reality took no prisoners. Many funds were lost.

It was a harsh lesson in the importance of self-custody and decentralization. Admiral Erik had entrusted his assets to a centralized entity, and now he was paying the price. If only he bridged to the Beam blockchain, if only he acted - he cried in despair. The Merit Circle DAO community rallied together, vowing to create an even more robust and secure ecosystem for its members, one that would never leave them vulnerable to the whims of regulators or centralized exchanges.

As Admiral Erik and others in his situation faced the grim reality of their lost assets, they made a solemn promise to themselves: never again would they be at the mercy of centralized exchanges. The fall of Binance served as a stark reminder of the risks inherent in the crypto world, and they were determined to safeguard their financial futures through decentralization and self-custody.

Signed,

Erik von Pumpson
Admiral of the MC Enterprise
Ascending Galactic Federation

2 Likes

Thank you Admiral Eric, for your insightfull messages form the future.
Hope many will read this and make important decisions on how to safeguard their investments.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.