MIP-8 Hotwire x Merit Circle - proposal

Thanks for this proposal.

From gauging the temperature in the investment committee and among core contributors, I think the general sentiment currently is that this proposal should be endorsed. However, I can’t speak for all core contributors and members of the investment committee. I’ve invited everyone with differing views to reply here. Some of us have talked to the team and the team is clearly very competent. We initially had a lot of reservations around the equity part, mostly due to the added complexity around liquidity. I think those have been well addressed in Davids post.

This investment and subsequent partnership have a lot of potential optionality in terms of network benefits and new investments for the Merit Circle DAO. Outside of the equity (that is not likely to be liquid any time soon) and Nitro token investment. Even if you discount the equity and tokens completely, the deal is likely to reap benefits over time.

The risks are minimal and the benefits could be interesing over time.

The amount also seems reasonable, especially since this is more of a basket investment.