MIP-16: Development of NFT Marketplace

Thanks a lot for proposal!

Apologies for bringing some bullshit bingo stuff here but as I manage SW development projects for more than 20 years I have some questions which I consider to be boring but necessary. The list below to start, depending on answers I may ask more:

For Alpha version (1,500,000 USDC):

1. Is it a fixed price project - do we have a complete spec and all (most of) requirements defined. Is our contractor (DEPT agency) committed to deliver it within this budget? Or do we act in Time & Materials mode (or mixed mode) with constantly changing requirements?
  2. What about schedule - is it committed as well, do we have penalties/incentives in mind for completion ahead of time or with delay.
  3. If we decided to go with contractor - why no tender? Usually we send spec to several contractors and compare their proposals with several criteria. What is the portfolio of DEPT agency - do they have experience of delivering projects of similar complexity with similar technologies.
  4. Huge percentage of SW dev projects are underestimated - due to scope creep, risks not taken into account etc. What makes us sure we will not get into the situation when project needs much more money than we expected.
  5. I think that we need to have clear budget for version 1.0 (usually Alpha is the name for the first release for tests only, budget for Alpha is less important as the gap between Alpha and 1.0 sometimes is very significant).

For next versions (up to 2,500,000 USDC):

1. First - these 2.5M are additional to 1.5M for Alpha (with total of 4M) or includes it?
  2. As it is assumed to be long term project - maybe it is better to define just one annual budget (year starts from 1.0 release) for corrective and evolutive maintenance. For the 2nd year we will make decisions according to the results of 1st one.
  3. What about helpdesk and support, is it included ?
  4. As it is (I mean next version after 1.0) not a fixed price for now we may need a procedure to manage allocations of budget.

Thanks again - I don’t have any negative feeling (vice versa), just making homework.

8 Likes