MIP-16: Development of NFT Marketplace

Zap zap,

I fully support the further development of Sphere and will therefore be voting YES.

I don’t have much to add on the questions already asked by @timour, @HoneyBarrel, @SadCatCapital, and @tyghh. I think a simple yet efficient break down of the costs to develop the marketplace would be very relevant. Does the team also have a rough estimate of what it would cost to keep all the technical infrastructure running?

Regarding @blockminded comment on the aggregator, from both a technical and non-technical perspective the marketplace and the aggregator are non-competing products. This is already explained here: MIP-15: NFT Aggregator Development - #11 by 0xDouwe. I would like to add to this that the aggregator doesn’t hold any listings, but simply collects them from other marketplaces like Sphere.

I think game developers will hugely profit from a NFT marketplace that is focused on gaming NFTs, especially if it comes in a white label solution as well. Publishing SDK’s for blockchain integration in various popular gaming engines is an interesting topic to research, though.

2 Likes